Aspocomp’s strategy period 2017–2022
We are becoming a customer-focused service company
We are at a turning point, pursuing growth both geographically and business-wise. We are venturing into new territories and expanding our offering from the telecom sector to other sectors such as automotive, security and defense, and IC testing. We provide a wide portfolio of PCB design and manufacturing services with our selected partners. We utilize our robust partner network to serve our customers during the whole lifecycle of their product.
Key strategy programs to ensure successful execution of the strategy
- Expanding customer base
- Expanding manufacturing capacity
- Expanding/introducing service sales models
- Building capability to support new customer segment
- Investigating inorganic business opportunities.
New business from existing customers
- Transformation from a prototype provider to a provider of total solutions.
- Utilizing cost effective partners in Asia and Europe for high volume orders.
- Increasing our share of the customer’s wallet.
- Expanding our portfolio by utilizing partners.
- New services: PCB procurement, warehousing, logistics, auditing, testing, planning etc.
New PCB customers
- Continuing our proactive new customer acquisition, focusing especially on new markets in Central Europe and the US.
- Increasing technical capabilities and customer understanding opens up new customer opportunities especially in the semiconductor R&D and IC testing segments.
Streamlining current business
- The plant in Oulu focuses on technologically advanced and short lead time products that bring high added value to customers.
- Utilizing volume partners for ramp up and large volumes as well as product technologies that are not included in the Oulu plant’s offering.
- Increasing the capacity of the plant in Oulu step-by-step and optimizing the product mix during the strategy period.
- The goal is to increase the net sales of the Oulu plant by around 50%.
Inorganic growth opportunities (no activity as of today)
1.Acquiring a PCB trading company to
- speed up US market entry
- strengthen the European presence
- open up a new market area.
2.Acquiring a PCB manufacturing company to
- support and expand to new/different end customer segments
- support new manufacturing technologies over and above those of the Oulu plant.
3.Acquiring a electronics/PCB design company to
- offer and expand design/development support to existing customers.