Aspocomp provides a wide variety of PCBs having designed-in cooling feature for high power components.
It is possible to choose a tailored solution right under the component that leads heat flow efficiently through the PCB. Aspocomp can provide the following PCB cooling technologies:
- Via farm cooling by filled+capped vias / IPC Type VII / POFV (provided by Aspocomp since 2003)
- Pre-bonded metalback (at Aspocomp since 2002)
- Post-bonded metalback (at Aspocomp since 2002)
- Embedded T-coin (at Aspocomp since 2012)
- Embedded I-coin (at Aspocomp since 2012)
- Embedded C-coin (at Aspocomp since 2012)
Embedded coin technology enables to insert piece of solid copper right under the component.
PCB designer’s loop for thermal design and optimization goes as follows:
- Thermal simulation and design
- PCB manufacturing
- PCB Assembly
- Thermal measurements and/or thermal images
- Analyzing the results
- Thermal benchmark
Example result of the test arrangement and benchmark would be for example that “Thermal path with T coin has only 50% of the thermal resistance compared to similar sized viafarm”
Each solution has a different thermal resistance and cost background.
Please contact us to find the most optimal solution for your application-specific thermal challenges.